[TR] MIG Welders

Michael Ferguson tr3a at comcast.net
Thu Jan 22 15:24:11 MST 2009

I just wanted to thank those of you who replied to my welder questions.
I do appreciate the help and good suggestions!

I have pretty much decided on the Hobart Handler 210. I really like the
Millermatic 180, but the Hobart has a lower bottom end amperage and a
higher top end. Plus, I haven't found a bad review of the 210 (and I've
read a lot of reviews!). While it's not as "industrial" as a
Miller...neither am I. I also thought about a 120v welder, but
everything I read on the welder forums suggests that I will not regret
buying a 240v machine. Since I already have a subpanel in the garage for
the compressor, adding a 240v outlet will be cheap and easy.

Thank you, gentlemen...I'm looking forward to punching new holes in the
20 gauge!!! :)

Fergie
1959 TR3A
TS53990L(0)