[TR] Need SU HS6 Part Measurement or the part itself

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Jan 22 11:56:06 MST 2009

> The TR3A intake manifold throat is too short and the
> ports are clumsily made; in comparison, the TR4A manifold is a fluid
> dynamicist's dream.

Oddly enough, the late uncle jack told me that with some work, the early
manifold both flows better on the bench and makes more power on the dyno; in
spite of the way it looks.

I unfortunately never got around to having him rework a head and manifold
for me, but he spent a lot of time and effort learning what works, and he
recommended the early manifold with HS6 carbs for a "fast road" setup.

Not sure if they still have it, but Moss used to sell a 4-2-1 tubing header
that was also recommended over the cast iron TR4A unit (which is hard to fit
in the narrower TR3 frame).

Randall