[TR] how to use Hylomar??

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Jan 20 12:57:35 MST 2009

> Do I put the Hylomar on both sides of the gasket and on the metal on both
> sides?

I generally just put it on both sides of the gasket.  Kind of messy,
especially when doing the second side; but that's what I do.

Can't think of a single instance ever, where I've had a new gasket coated
with Hylomar blow out.  And the very few leaks I've had with Hylomar have
all been traced to things like warped surfaces or broken gaskets or bolts
that were too long/distorted or a leak somewhere entirely different.

But there are some places where Hylomar isn't appropriate IMO, like head
gaskets and tapered threads.

Randall