[TR] MIG Welders

Brian Induni 308gtsi at roadrunner.com
Tue Jan 20 12:26:58 MST 2009

I can attest to the Miller products - great welders! I've had my Miller 135
for years and it's done everything I've wanted it to. After using a Sears
stick welder I bought in High School (30 years ago) using a wire feed gun
and no splatter is pure pleasure! The 135 is on the lower (maybe even the
lowest) end of Miller's welders, but it far exceeded my expectations. There
is some trial and error set up required when welding thinner gauge metal,
like sheet, but I've found that if you spot weld and do short stitches it
works well. Also, if you're having burn thru problems, try backing the weld
area with copper (I use a flattened copper pipe) to dissipate the heat.
Works well for filling in pin holes too as the weld doesn't stick to the
copper.

My ONLY regret is that I didn't get a welder I could use a spool gun on.
This would have expanded the use of the machine. When looking at a MIG
welder, see if it can take a spool gun and buy it with the machine - you'll
be happy you did!

Brian
1967 TR4A (waiting for spring!)

Message: 5