[TR] Rear Deck Speaker Plans

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Sun Jan 18 14:02:44 MST 2009

I've owned my '73 TR6 since 1979 but sometime thereafter I bought a couple
of Pioneer (I think they were.  I'm not going out to a cold garage to find
out)speakers in black enclosures and stuffed them under the front dash area
for the radio.  When I upgraded the radio I got two more of them, ran wires
to the back and terminated each channel in a plug with corresponding jacks
on the ends of the speaker wires.  I glued Velcro to the bottom of the
speakers and to the carpet, black to match the carpet.  I can hear the radio
OK.  I'm not out to have a thumping, neighbor-annoying, selfish, look at me,
sound system so they work.  I can dismount them and stick them in the trunk
when I park in a less secure area or need more space behind the seats.

Ron L