[TR] Brake Bleeding Process

David Brister david.brister at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jan 15 03:09:22 MST 2009

FWIW I have always followed the method outlined by Randall.
Open valve, have assistant push pedal down, observe transparent tube for
bubbles. When pedal fully down close valve whilst assistant lets pedal come
back. Repeat until no more bubbles. Whilst this is going on keep  the
reservoir topped up.Usually start with the wheel closest to the reservoir,
ending withe wheel farthest. This is also a good way to change the fluif as
you can see when it flows out clean.
The disadvantage of this method in my case at least is that when the
operation is finished, SWAMBO gives you some frightful job in the garden or
the laundry because you have taken her time in such a boring and time
consuming way.
On a related matter, some years ago I tried a single handed attempt with a
Gunsons Easy Bleed kit. Ended up with fluif all over the rear end of the
engine bay! Can this Easy Bleed  kit be made to work?

David Brister
1967 TR4A.