[TR] TR3 fuel filter leak

Jay Holekamp jholekamp at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 10 14:34:59 MST 2009

> I have the screen stuck to the metal part, then the rubber
> gasket, then
the glass bowl.  Is that the correct order?

Yes, but there should be a lip
that the screen fits inside.  The rubber
gasket should be between the flat lip
and the bowl.

As TeriAnn says, the gasket needs to be replaced every few
years;
particularly if you use the stock cork.  I cut a gasket from thick
Neoprene
sheet many years ago that lasted much better for me; and the rebuild
kit I
bought recently from TRF had Neoprene (or something similar).

Randall
NAPA sells a neoprene gasket for the TR2>4A fuel pump glass sediment bowl
which seems to last and seal.  It's part no: BK 730-9510, gasket - fuel bowl
strainer.  I'll never use a stock cork gasket here again.

brgds, Jay

'64
Triumph TR4 since '67
Wheaton Illinois