[TR] TR3 fuel filter leak

TeriAnn Wakeman twakeman at razzolink.com
Sat Jan 10 07:58:29 MST 2009

Jeremiah Curry wrote:
> I have the screen stuck to the metal part, then the rubber gasket, then the
> glass bowl.  Is that the correct order?
>
>  .
Metal top, screen, rubber gasket then glass bowl.  The gastket always
goes next to the glass bowl.

Also, the rubber gasket hardens fairly quickly and when you remove it
then try to replace it the seal will never seal.  If the seal has been
installed & in fuel longer than a couple weeks, always use a new rubber
seal.  New replacement rubber seals are an essential part of my TR3A's
on board spares kit.

Teriann

Who is still trying to get rid of a TR3 hard top & overdrive gearbox
with overdrive missing.