[TR] TR4 Fuel Pump Kits

Bob Nogoueira nogera at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jan 9 20:16:01 MST 2009

Somewhere in the achieves I read where someone rebuilt a fuel pump using one
of BV or Moss kits supplied buy the mail order places. They then had a
problem with it leaking and upon disassembly found the diaphragm was
dissolving because of the ethanol in gasoline. He warned of to stay away
from the kits with a Red diaphragm from the aftermarket suppliers.
Well in my parts bin I have an original BL rebuilt kit (NOS). It has been in
the original box and the kit is sealed within the box in a plastic bag.
Problem is the diaphragm is red in color. Anyone know if the original rubber
parts will stand up to ethanol?

Bob