[TR] Painting a car

Michael Ferguson tr3a at comcast.net
Thu Jan 8 17:35:29 MST 2009

Thanks for all the replies! A lot of good info, warnings and suggestions
here. Sort of what I was afraid of though. Looks like the vote is about
50-50, but even the "go for it" votes have caveats. I have a while
before it matters, but I was just thinking ahead and thought I'd see if
there was a prevailing opinion.

Even if I do decide to attempt to shoot it myself, I'm still wondering
about HVLP turbines vs an HVLP gun and a standard compressor (which I
already have...2-stage, 60 gal). I'm leaning toward the compressor , if
for no other reason than it's been very hard to find much enthusiasm for
the turbines in my searches on the web.

We shall see.