[TR] TR 3 A serial ?

wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Wed Jan 7 12:19:46 MST 2009

According to the Moss Catalog you are looking at a 1960 manufactured car, it
would be a TR3A.  While this one may have a full-syncro box in it, this
would not have been the original transmission.

The oil filter should be on the left side just below and behind the
distributor.  There should be an engine number on the block, behind the
coil, that would look like "TS xxxxx E"  If it is the correct engine it will
be a few hundred numbers higher than the commission number that you have
provided.

Hope this helps,

Bill B
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L