[TR] Hand cranking a Triumph - was TR3A radiator re-core

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Jan 7 09:00:09 MST 2009

> But I have never had any kickback with my '3 which is
> set at the usual advance.

Just a WAG, but this may be exactly why the static timing on a '3 is so
late, compared to other engines.  4 degrees is a mighty small angle, so I'd
guess that even if the cylinder did light off, the inertia of the crank and
flywheel would still carry it over to the power side of the stroke.

Come to think of it, that might explain that huge flywheel, too.

Randall