[TR] TR3A radiator re-core

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Tue Jan 6 17:51:12 MST 2009

On Tuesday 06 January 2009 17:31:37 Oliver wrote:
> does it really work?  and, how much work is it???

Oliver,

I used to know a bunch of 3 owners way back in the 80's and we had a
get-together one Sunday at a park somewhere south of Syracuse and there was a
contest for who could start their 3 with the crank the quickest.

Well I won hands down as my 3 has always started on the first crank with the
Lucas starter or the hand crank.

But there is a safety trick: make sure when you grip the handle, insure your
thumb is right on top next to your pointer then other hand on top of all. If
you "grip" the handle as you would think to get the best pull, thumb under
and wrapped around the handle, you risk a broken bone if there is a backfire!

Bob