[TR] TR3A with J type

60TR3A 60TR3A at cox.net
Mon Jan 5 17:59:01 MST 2009

David

My first 1960 TR3A that I bought in college never had a working
speedometer (1965 - 1967).  But based on having other folks follow me
& I noting their speed when I raised my hand - I determined that in
4th doubling your RPM is very close to you speed: 3000 RPM was
approximately 60 MPH and 3500 RPM was approximately 70 MPH.   In
Overdrive, 3000 RPM was approximately 65 and 3500 RPM was
approximately 75 MPH.  I think my current 60 TR3A runs a little slower.

I suggest going out on the road with a colleague & establishing your
tach to MPH ratio.

John

John A. Wise
Glendale, AZ