[TR] Fuel pump safety switch

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 5 10:55:19 MST 2009

Andrew, if you want to 'keep it Triumph' have a look at www.rimmerbros.co.uk/tr6/images/112a.gif and
specifically look at ref nos 42 and 43 on the panel of images + items 42-47 inclusive. This is the
inertia fuel cut-out switch fitted to all injected TR's and the 2.5 litre injected sedans. Speaking
from personal experience over the years they are *very* reliable - like they immediately shut-off in
an accident, violent skid or the car going inverted. They are wired through the ignition. They also
have a button (illustrated) to re-set after cut-off and which also allows you to turn off the fuel
pump if you need the ignition switched on but don't want to start the engine or flood the carbs.
Usual faffle about NFI or promoting Rimmers. Doubt you'll get this particular switch through any of
the US suppliers and also worth noting it should be a lot cheaper in $'s following the collapse of
the #/$ exchange rate.

Jonmac