[TR] Tools

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Sat Jan 3 14:16:06 MST 2009

Jim Muller wrote:
> Was it the Wind In the Willows that Ratty extolling the virtues of
> "messing about with tools"?  Or maybe that was about boats.

'Fraid so. Quote, "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing -
half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."

And I couldn't agree more! Now being Triumph-less and living very close to one of England's most
beautiful rivers - with a VERY convenient slipway, I'm giving serious thought to acquiring a small
craft with an ultra-reliable (British Seagull) outboard motor and following in Ratty's wash from
2010 onwards.
At the risk of being slaughtered for an off-topic post, I'll call the boat Mayflower
(www.newton.k12.ks.us/tech/mayflower.bmp) or  Vanguard
(www.royalnavalmuseum.org/images/vanguardhmsmay1952webvers_000.jpg:) but
NOT this Vanguard (www.royalnavy.mod.uk/upload/img_400/1011629739b.jpg)

Jonmac