[TR] Torque Wrench Dilemma

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Sat Jan 3 12:19:49 MST 2009

On 3 Jan 2009 at 11:27, Geo Hahn wrote:

> Our (not so big) town has a used tool store.

There's one about half a mile from my house too.  One finds all kinds
of stuff there, some things very worn out and cheap, some quite nice,
the occasional very good item apparently replaced by a newer model,
etc.  Really good stuff doesn't stay around long though.  The shop
keeps odd hours, but workmen around here seem to know all about the
place.

I once tried to find their website just to check their hours.  A
curious thing is that if I Google for used tools in my city, it shows
that store in the correct location on Main St., and another store
too.  But when I click the URL it gives, it brings up some tool
rental chain in California.  Heck, it off by only about 3000 miles,
just a quick hop downtown, right?  When I asked the proprietor about
it he knew nothing about it, doesn't have a website or anything.
Google got it wrong.

(I read it on the Internet so it must be true.)

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com
'80 Spitfire, '70 GT6+