[TR] Bottom trunion

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Feb 28 11:59:39 MST 2009

> I am installing a new bottom trunion from Moss on my TR3A.
> The unthreaded shaft has a significantly larger diameter than
> the original, even allowing for wear and I am unable to get
> the wishbones on the shaft.

The new pins should be 5/8" less a few thousandths for clearance (so maybe
.620"-.623").  If they are larger than that, you've got wrong or defective
trunnions, send them back.

If old ones were significantly smaller than that, someone in the past may
have tried to get by with worn pins by leaving the bushings in the A-arms
undersize.  They normally should be reamed after installation to .625".

Randall