[TR] TR3A oil level

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Tue Feb 24 16:23:35 MST 2009

You know, I had similar issues with the new felt seal on the dipstick.B  When
I added the factory recommended amount of oil, it didn't register right on the
dipstick.B  Wound up at the next oil change grinding a small notch on the
dipstick where "full" really was, and left the new felt seal on.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A (TS 58667)

New Hampshire

>I replaced the felt on the dipstick when IB B rebuilt and it is about 1/2"
thick.B B B I am due to change again and am going to remove the B felt to
check
>oil level upon filling, and then replace it to see where "full" B actually
is.B B