[TR] New distributor cap bad?

fishplate at charter.net fishplate at charter.net
Fri Feb 20 19:34:39 MST 2009

---- Randall <tr3driver at ca.rr.com> wrote:
> > Randall, did you just write that volts flow?
>
> Read it again, the word "flow" did not occur in my post.
>
> "Go" is a different matter, and my claim is that voltage ("volts" is only
> the units) does indeed "go" places (including away), even though it gets
> there by having some amount of current flow.

Err, I'm gonna have to throw a flag on that play.  Voltage is only a measure of electrical potential relative to some arbitrary fixed point.  As such, it doesn't "go" in any sense of the word that I know of.  It only "is".

Current, OTOH, "goes".  Especially through a 30 year old light switch on a lonely road well after dark.  Well, until it doesn't, anyway...

Jeff Scarbrough
Electricity Runs In My Family, Ga.