[TR] TR3A springs

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Feb 20 15:22:06 MST 2009

> Just so I can visualize this... would a shim to lower the passenger side
> be
> a plate (sort of an extra leaf) under the passenger side spring and
> captured
> by the same U-bolts already in place?

Recall that the axle on a TR3A sits on top of the spring, so the spacer
would go on top as well, between the axle and spring.  The factory spacer
(found on only some cars) looked exactly like a very short extra leaf,
apparently even the same steel, except it was cut square on the ends instead
of tapered.  It was actually assembled as part of the spring (held by the
center bolt through the spring) and also captured by the same U-bolts that
hold the axle to the spring (or spring to the axle depending on your point
of view).

Randall