[TR] Interesting times at the DMV

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Fri Feb 20 10:46:43 MST 2009

When I put Tiny Tim (the former autocross Spit) back to street Trim a couple
of years ago, I Trailered him to the DMV office to register it.  They always
do a vehicle inspection in AZ.

Anyway, it went smoothly and I got my Historic vehicle plates with no
hassel.  A few weeks later, I got a notice from the DMV that I have no
insurance on the vehicle which is required by the state.  Looking over the
documents, I realized that the clerk had transposed two of the digits of the
commission number and of course the documents they got from my insurance
company did not match.  Another trip to the DMV (this time driving the car)
straightened it out.

Joe