[TR] [6pack] Still more on tires (Geo Hahn effect)

Steven Newell steven at newellboys.net
Thu Feb 19 19:32:15 MST 2009

acekraut11 at aol.com wrote:

>I actually compiled a survey awhile back on what people were using for tires. Then a couple years later I tried to coerce another survey from the list but this time I received very few responses...

Few people responded on-list last time because of the Geo Hahn effect.
If list member Geo buys a brand of tires in a particular size -- usually
165R15 -- they are immediately discontinued. This has happened with too
many good brands, causing a crisis for Triumph and classic VW owners
alike. (All I'm saying is if you like Kumho Power Stars, buy a spare set
now.) Anyway, as a result few list members mention tire brands on
triumphs at autox.team.net, though you can find a good discussion of tire
alternatives at triumphs-except-geo-hahn at autox.team.net.

Steven Newell
'62 TR4 with xxxxxx brand tires, soon to be replaced with xxxxxxxxxxx's