[TR] TR4 Spin On Oil Filter

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Feb 13 16:37:01 MST 2009

> Randall, if you're convinced Fram is a great filter,

I never said it was a "great" filter.  The exact phrase I used was "middle
of the road".  And I'm quite willing to be convinced otherwise, IF anyone
can show an actual performance test where the Fram was lacking.  So far, no
one has.

> There are pages and pages of links to
> tests.  I got tired of looking.

But, every single link you supplied is of the "I cut the filter apart and
didn't like what I saw".  Only one page even talks about performance
testing, and fails to give any performance results for Fram.

My point is that you cannot tell how well a filter element performs by
looking at it with the naked eye.  It's like saying which car is faster by
how big the exhaust pipe is.

Randall