[TR] The secret to getting hubs apart? - It's BEER!!!

Michael Lang mlang99 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 12 20:50:22 MST 2009

Actually I think the key is the combination of heat and patience.

I read everyones responses and decided to go take another shot at it. I
used a hybrid of my available tools and Skip's suggestion.  I put one of
them back in my 10 Ton press and applied all of the pressure that I
could. I heated it evenly with the torch, but not to the point that it
was glowing. I then left it for a little bit. After a few minutes, it
popped apart. I did the same thing with the second one and it also came
apart.

The first time I tried, I gave up and released the pressure once I had
reached the limit of how much I was willing to heat it. This time, I
left the pressure applied and allowed the heat some time to soak in.

Thanks for all of the suggestions!

Mike