[TR] Wow! My hubs are really stuck!

J.C. Hassall jhassall at blacksburg.net
Thu Feb 12 19:12:43 MST 2009

At 11:11 PM 2/11/2009, Michael Lang wrote:
>I have now tried all sorts of things to get the hubs off of my TR3 axles.

<snip>

Mike, find a local shop that works on trucks.  I took my axle
assemblies to my local friendly truck shop, where they were set up to
do work like that.  Their 100T press didn't break a sweat, but I sure
did when the hubs popped loose.  They made one hell of a bang (ok, 2
bangs).  There's no chance that the special Churchill tool could have
handled it.  And it is critical to support the hub all the way
around  else it'll bend (don't ask....)

jim

--
J.C. Hassall