[TR] Wow! My hubs are really stuck!

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Feb 11 23:30:29 MST 2009

> Does anyone have any other suggestions that I should try?

Well, here's one.  This is Eugene Wellenstein's design for "The Beast", a
puller made from heavy pipe flanges and various other hardware items with
only basic machining.  Unfortunately I don't know of a web site that has it,
but I can email it to anyone who wants it.

I think you can also find Tony Gordon's drawing of the factory puller on the
net.  But if not, I have a PDF of that, too.  Good lathe project for a
beginner (like me), but takes a big chunk of steel (6" diameter by 4" long).

Yet another option is to box up the halfshafts with the hubs & bearings
still attached, and ship them off to someone like Mike Macy or John
Esposito.  HVDA used to do them too, but I don't know if he has time for
such things these days or not.

Randall

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pdf which had a name of 1959 TR3 Rear Axle and Hub Separator.pdf]