[TR] Front license plates

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Fri Feb 6 17:26:12 MST 2009

Here is my mounting. The bumper is an original with holes for the plate.

I use SS hardware.

http://www.triumphowners.com/1331

Wouldn't want to be caught in NY without a valid plate, ins, current
inspection or registration. Fines are at least 100 + court costs and your
insurance goes up.

If you get  a fix it fast type ticket, you have to have the repair done in a
licensed garage or have your repair validated by the local police. You just
can't fix it your self and send in the ticket. I am told you have to show
receipts etc.

Don't know what I would do if I received a ticket for a light out or something
similar if it was just a bad bullet connection or bulb, since I doubt the
local mechanics in my neck of the woods would know how to diagnose the
problem without a "computer" link! Throw myself on the mercy of the court?

This year the state is adding extra "surcharges" to every ticket issued to
help close the budget deficit.

Bob