[TR] great drives

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Feb 5 14:18:30 MST 2009

> Been quite a while since I've been there, but IMO, the coast road (not
> sure it's still PCH) from San Luis Obispo down to Ventura is a yawn...but
> at least it's not the 5!!

No argument from me; but unless I'm missing something, Jonmac is coming down
from the north.  PCH through Big Sur, etc. is rather more scenic, IMO.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:CalifCentralCoast.jpg
http://www.travel-notes.org/photos/pch_ca.jpg

And if time permits, there is the scenic drive at Pebble Beach, Hearst
Castle, and so on along the way.

Google shows the name as "Cabrillo Highway", but AFAIK the locals still know
it as PCH.  Don't recall for certain, but I think I saw some PCH signs as
well (we were up there just a few weeks ago to see the elephant seals at
Piedras Blancas).  Anyway, it's always been marked as "California 1" so
that's the safest name to look for.

Randall