[TR] Revotec Elect. fan Installation Experience (TR6)

Steve Smith dogzbody1 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 29 11:02:04 MST 2009

Hi all

After drawing on the collective knowledge of this list on several occassions I wanted to an effort to give something back.  I lack the knowledge to build a nice site so I'll try by e-mail. While working in the UK I collected a few TR parts to fit to my TR6 when I returned home to the US.  One of the parts I collected was a custom fit electric cooling fan kit from Revotec (http://www.revotecdirect.co.uk).

The kit includes everything you need to replace the engine driven fan apart from a shorter harmonic balancer bolt.  I secured a shorter bolt from Moss Europe (contact me for part no. as I think I can find it).  I dodn't know about Patton Machine at the time or I would have used his kit (http://www.pattonmachine.com/FanOrderPrice.htm).  I've just used Patton's trailing arm repair kit and was very (VERY) impressed with the quality of craftsmanship and level of customer service.  I highly recommend his trailing arm kit.

Back to the fan.  The Revotec kit comes with frames that bolt to the side of the radiator.  No drilling is needed, the frames bolt in with existing bracketry.  This is what brought me to purchase the Revotec kit, nothing goes through the radiator fins.  The instructions are clear and complete.  The wiring harness is of high quality and all wires are long enough to reach their intended desitination via different routes - your harness can be visible or hidden.

Installation took about 90 minutes but I was taking my time.  Setting the included fan thermostat was easy.

Driving impressions: I don't notice much of a difference around the neighborhood apart from less fan noise but I do feel a difference at highway speeds probably becuase the engine driven fan required a lot of power to turn at higher rpm ranges.

All in all a great kit that adds power, mpg and looks great.

NFI

Thanks for all your help!
Steve
'69 TR6 CC25805 L (and now O!)

My next project is fitting the Revington TR rear damper kit, I'll let you know how it goes.