[TR] Waaaaay Off Topic

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Dec 22 17:00:11 MST 2009

> I need a rack for a  TV satellite  unit to mount above the tv
> in a cabinet enclosure. Right now it is below in a cabinet
> and I have to open the doors to the lower cabinet to let the
> receiver work, as well of course as open the doors to the tv.

Should be any number of closet-type shelving solutions at your local "home
center" store that would work for this.

But it seems to me you could roll your own just about as quick.  Buy one of
those vinyl-covered pulpboard shelves in a finish and width suitable to your
cabinet, cut it off shorter if necessary for a snug fit to the sides, then
anchor it with either drywall screws from the outside (strong but
potentially ugly), or drill inside for pegs (as used in many bookshelves).

-- Randall