[TR] randall and pressure bleeder

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 20 22:07:28 MST 2009

Another idea concerning pressure bleeding the brake system that I've used is to get an old master cylinder plastic lid (for tr-6) and drill a hole in order to fit an air connection in it.  slip it in and glue with epoxy.  Then simply put on the lid and connect an air hose to air compressor and blow away. LOL  I suggest keeping the pressure around 3-4 pounds.  I recently did that but did find that my brake pedal feel was a little softer than expected.  I'm wondering if blowing pressure like that does introduce more small air bubbles into the fluid than one would expect.  microscopically?  not sure.  I'll be bleeding again in the spring to be sure.

Randall........I've heard of gravity bleeding before.  Is it as simple as it sounds?  One simply opens the valves and lets it go?  how long?  I might experiment with that......lol

gary n.