[TR] How does the glass bee-hive stay on?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Dec 20 13:43:46 MST 2009

> How does the glass bee-hive blinker globe stay on the car body?

There are two steps, the first step is that the rim of the globe fits under
a lip on the rubber boot.  Then the chrome trim ring goes over that, and
fits into a second, outer lip.

It does take a bit of a knack to install them, and I use a small flat blade
screwdriver with the sharp corners rounded to help.  What I do is stick one
side of the glass under the rubber lip, and then hold it there with one hand
while I use the screwdriver to slide between rubber and glass, to lift the
rubber lip over the edge of the glass.  Then repeat the process with the
chrome ring.

>  I thought I would start the
> re-wiring process.

Just a thought, you might want to leave the lenses off until all the wiring
and lights are checked out and working.  I have managed to drop and break
one of those lenses, so it makes sense to me to leave them off until you're
certain the socket or bulb don't need to come out again.

Randall