[TR] Rack & pinion conversions for TR3's???

A Daniel Cronin adcronin at ameritech.net
Sun Dec 20 10:17:39 MST 2009

12/14
You can keep the blinkers and horn locations in original location on the
steering head if you use a "slip ring" on the column just above the top
universal joint.  The only disadvantage is that the outer part of the head
will rotate with the turning of the wheel, but the blinker lever and horn
button stay and function as intended.  Its like you didn't tighten the three
grub screws that keep the inner part of the head (blinker and horn button)
from turning with the wheel.  A slip ring is available from "Bastuck" a
European supplier in Germany (with a French location as well)  I purchased
mine at the end of 08 for the equivalent of $150.00.  I have a series of 32
color photos and a translation of the installation instructions if anyone is
interested.  It's a bit of a job to get all hooked up, but a very neat
solution. NFI
Dan Cronin