[TR] Critters - revisited

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Fri Dec 18 16:44:00 MST 2009

> This subject comes up from time to time, so I thought I'd offer the latest
> for
> review.
> Spent some time talking to a group of people yesterday on the subject
> of "Urban Phenomena" - in this case, animals. In the UK, we are seeing a
> substantial increase in wild animals moving into urban communities and
> living
> happily alongside human beings. Badgers and foxes are typical examples.

Crittermania in New Hampshire.B  Found my project TR3A in a shed in Ossinee,
NY where it had sat for 25 years.B  Racoons had used the engine bay as a poop
palace for all that time.B  Everytime I beat on the wheel drums to free the
brakes, a cloud of fecal dust drifted up and around my head.B  Gadfrey, the
car was worth it, but for a time it was questionable, given the state of the
rust.

Then, after completely restoring the car over 3 years, I put on my brand new
Roadster Factory convertible top, threw on a car cover, and put it away for
winter.B  In the spring I found mice had eaten the edges of the window
lining.B

We have moose, black bear, wild turkey, red fox, coyote, whiteB  tails,
partridge, and my wife's family all running loose onB my forestedB property
here leaving tracks and "detritus," but so far so good as concerns the car
since the mice.B  Then again, I put mothballs in and around the car while it
sits through winter.B

One thing we don't have is snakes, other than harmless and small garden
varieties.B  The bigger ones we send to Washington.

Terry Smith, TS 58667

New Hampshire