[TR] Noise canceling headphones

dave1massey at cs.com dave1massey at cs.com
Mon Dec 14 07:04:15 MST 2009

In a message dated 12/13/2009 6:16:36 PM Central Standard Time,
tr4zest at gmail.com writes:
> The TR4 was such an avant garde move after the three, and the TR6 an
> 'adjustment' to the TR4 shape (same doors, windshield, and similar
> silhouette) I think he 3 to 4 was a braver step than the 250/5 to 6 move.

The TR6 is the ultimate refinement on the TR2 that started it all.  The
front suspension changed a little though out the intervening years but is
basically the same.

It started with the TR2 adding front disc brakes in 57.  In 62 they changed
to the Michelotti body style adding roll up windows, dash level ventilation
and rack and pinion steering.  Then they changed to the 6 cylinder in 68.
Then the Karman body rework in 69 completed the evolution.

The change to the TR7 was a total clean sheet effort.  In many ways it more
resembled the MGB than any Triumph that came before.  In fact, Harris Mann,
the designer, worked for Morris.  There was discussion about whether to
introduce this new car (code name: Bullet) as an MG or a Triumph.  It was
decided to retire the TR6 due to the high production costs.  It was a
body-on-frame design with a lot of little panels that required assembly.  The Wedge,
like the MG, was designed to use fewer, larger panels.  Panels that were
outside the scope of the punch presses Standard had available when the earlier TR
series were developed.  This made for more economical assembly.

But I am wandering.

> ... but they are all great cars ...

When asked which is my favourite I reply: Which of your children is your
favourite?

;-)

Dave