[TR] side curtain rebuild

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 07:13:32 MST 2009

The time has come.  I expect to be moving to  place where it gets colder
at night and actually has snow in the winter.  I'm thinking that side
curtains would be a useful  item.

Mine need to be recovered and no longer fit.  When I rebuilt the car I
replaced both doors (rust through holes) with good condition used doors
and installed a Moss interior kit.  When I went to replace the side
curtain mounting brackets I discovered that the side curtains no longer
fit.  There was not quite enough space between the side curtain and the
inside mounting arms to fit the door and interior panels.  I also
discovered that the steel mounting arms were stronger than I and not
bendable my me.

I figure recovering them does me no good if they don't fit but I don't
know how to make them fit.  Are the mounting arms bolted on to the frame
and is the adjustment a natter of adding or subtracting shims?

How do I make them fit?????

Also, does anyone have any experience with TRF's rebuilt side curtains
in red?  My car is signal red (original factory colour) and my hard top
will be repainted red.  I'm just wondering if the red in red side
curtains harmonizes with signal red or clashes.  If it clashes I guess I
would go with black.  They are currently white to go with the white hard
top.

So how do I get the side curtains to fit my car????

Teriann