[TR] muffler supplier........randall??

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at charter.net
Sat Dec 12 16:54:30 MST 2009

At 05:53 PM 12/12/2009, Randall wrote:
> > I don't quite understand why it's illegal to wear headphones
> > while driving?
>
>It's the law in most states, AFAIK, can't wear headphones that cover both
>ears unless you are also wearing a helmet.

Applicable bit of Georgia law:

  40-6-250.  Wearing device which impairs hearing or vision

    No person shall operate a motor vehicle while wearing a headset
or headphone which would impair such person's ability to hear...
provided, however, that a person may wear a headset or headphone for
communication purposes only while operating a motorcycle.

So, you might argue that open headphones don't impair your ability to
hear, at least no more than you could hear in a closed vehicle with
the radio volume set to 11.   Around here, though, I expect you would
have to be run over by a fire truck with sirens and horn blazing
before you would get prosecuted.

To bring this thread full circle...My earbuds are open on the back,
but I like the sound of the stock muffler, as supplied by TRF some
years ago.  I took the radio out of the car.

> > I never took a hearing test at the DMV.
>
>They gave you written instructions for the driving test?

I bet it's an ADA requirement.

Jeff Scarbrough      75 TR6 x 1, 76 1500 x 2, 78 1500 x 1, 80 1500 x 0.5
http://www.fishplate.org/vehicles/
Corrosion Acres, Georgia         #354