[TR] Windshield tenax fastener fixing..

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Sat Dec 12 14:40:54 MST 2009

Most epoxies will not stand up to a lot of heat.  I would think that if you
epoxied them in and had to remove them, a small well shaped and well aimed
torch flame or maybe a big soldering iron would destroy the bond
sufficiently to remove them.  I've used JB weld to re-create threads as part
of repairs to antique (wind-up) phonographs.  If you clean one surface, such
as the inside of the windshield hole, and then clean and lightly oil the
threads of the new stud, you will be able to unscrew it.  Having said that,
I agree that the JB won't be as strong as the metal and you may have better
luck by actually bonding the pin entirely.

Ron L