[TR] muffler supplier........randall??

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Dec 9 10:23:45 MST 2009

> Did you find any negative noise at highway speed?

I'm not sure how to answer that question, Gary.  I can hear the exhaust at
freeway speeds, but I would call it more of a hum than a drone, and it
doesn't bother me.  The wind is much louder (but I expect a TR6 would not
have as much wind noise as a TR3).

Worth noting perhaps that the factory system for the TR3 was a pair of
glasspacks as well, so what I have is rather similar to stock.  But the
factory units were oval and had seams, while mine are round and seamless.

If you look closely, you can see the rear muffler peeking out in this shot:
http://tinyurl.com/yapelm5

One way to moderate the sound further would be to add a downturned tip
(which I had on my previous TR3A with only one glasspack).
http://tinyurl.com/yal5ans  But I have not felt the need with this setup, as
yet anyway.  I may add it eventually just because I like the look, though.

Randall