[TR] Best muffler supplier?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Dec 8 06:46:30 MST 2009

> >I have purchased a TR4A with live rear axle.  I need to replace
> >exhaust components, especially the muffler.  Can anyone recommend
> >best supplier?

Local muffler shop gets my vote.  The head pipe was in usable condition, so
he built everything from there back, with two "Cherry bomb" seamless
glasspacks in 'aluminized' mild steel.  The sound is just right, whole
operation took less than an hour, and best of all I didn't even get my hands
dirty.  Less than $200 for everything, including new mounts & tax.

I don't see anything in Calistoga, but Franklin muffler over in Santa Rosa
looks like a good bet.

Randall