[TR] What seats will fit the Uncle Jack Seat Conversion Kit

Bob Danielson 75tr6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Sun Dec 6 18:54:15 MST 2009

I just got Uncle Jack's brackets and the quality is outstanding with regard
to manufacturing and finish. I hope to get them installed this week, if my
back will allow me to do any "heavy" lifting.   As always, I'll be taking
pictures, documenting the whole process and posting it all to my site upon
completion. I'm sure the fit will be as good as the appearance.

As to what seats will fit in a TR6........... my understanding is that it is
only the early seats, maybe up to 1997. After that they get too wide in the
shoulder area and interfere with the top's frame. I know one guy who got a
late set and had to do some serious frame modification so that the seats
would fit and the top would go up and down.

The Miata has always been called MX5 everywhere but in the states, and now
the newer models are called also MX5.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection,