[TR] Measuring piston position

Wayne Lee wayne at motorcarriage.com
Wed Dec 2 15:28:01 MST 2009

Jim, Did You get the Memo? It's been done without an IPod.
You'd never be able to use an audible to correlate the Piston Lift position
to Throttle position.
by sound. The links I sent are very simple to get an idea of what's
happening with the Piston travel.
Comparing it to Throttle position doesn't matter. You could change the
Exhaust Note by depressing Accelerator an Inch and have the Piston
barely rise if the Rev's didn't climb much. You might be able to record a
sweet sounding MP3 of your trip to work, but it would serve no value
to SU Carb Tuning.
With all due respect I think it's evident You're in a little over your head
as for your method of Data Acquisition :>)
Cheers,
Wayne