[TR] TR3A Fan extention housing and bolt removal

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Tue Dec 1 17:22:29 MST 2009

In a message dated 12/1/2009 5:57:37 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
yellowtr at adelphia.net writes:

Cant  remember the socket size but I used a 6 point impact socket with
impact
wrench and it just spins right off. You may be able to get it with a
breaker
bar but someone will have to apply the breaks. But that might not  work if
the
bolt is tight enough and they usually  are!

I can't  help myself to respond to this one although my response will  have
little merit. YES, for removal of those big nuts up front on various TR
motors an impact wrench is nothing less than "the best thing since sliced
bread". Believe me I know for during my years of Bush League or Shade Tree
mechanics I have attempted all variants of alternative methods with little or
no  success to get those off, usually resulting in a busted knuckle  or two.
Really, with an impact wrench you can have it off and in you hand in a  few
seconds. Never forget the first time I tried it. OH so way cool. I  also
have used one to torque the nut back on!  I always wondered  about that?  Not
sure if it is proper but that is the way is for  me.
Darrell