[TR] TR3b windscreen cracked, again!

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Tue Dec 1 14:00:44 MST 2009

In a message dated 12/1/2009 3:40:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:

Although I doubt this is your problem, Darrell, it might be worth
mentioning
that it is important to have the 'tenon plates' (aka 'metal  weatherstrip'
Stanpart 560630) between the stanchion and windscreen  frame.  Otherwise
even
the 'correct' screws may be too  long.

Yeah Randall I have those.  I am trying to remember what goes  around the
glass itself before the chrome strip goes on? For that matter  I can't
remember what holds the chrome strip surround on  either. Something like cloth
electrical tape??  Not seeing any parts  there?  I am going to have to wait 4
to 6 weeks for a new  windscreen.  I would like to have all the other parts
in hand  too. Perhaps I should have a professional do it this time.   Sort of
slipping a bit here on my TR rebuilding skills!
Darrell