[TR] zenith or su's ?

Wayne Lee wayne at motorcarriage.com
Tue Dec 1 12:46:51 MST 2009

HS6's should be fine for improved performance over the ZS's in a GT6.
It's only a 2-Litre and they're an improvement over the ZS's on the 2.5 TR6.
Drivability wise they come on just off idle without the Stromberg's flat
spot.
If He was doing a lot of other Mods he could go bigger with an SU still,
like
HS8's off of a Rover 2000 TC or whatever. That would be overkill unless it's
wound up tight.

I know Jim meant he needed Yellow springs not Needles, That sounds strange
it would need a Spring more than twice as strong as the Red one that came in
the
P1800's that had  more stock HP. I run the Yellow as well in my TR6, No
power
being thrown away, it's a balancing act against fuel economy. The Pistons
are fully
opened before max revs.To run Webers
would throw away a lot more wasted Fuel unless it's being driven in Time
Trials
etc. The whole package is only as good as the weakest link. HS6's are plenty
of Carb for a street driven 2-Litre. HS6's should be good to 135 HP anyway.
Running larger Carbs wouldn't avoid this situation,
there's plenty of them being driven out there not in an optimal state of
tune. It
would take just as much time to get them right as well. But if You were to,
at
least You can't over Carburate using SU's like Webers. If You were to run
DCOE
48's or something without the rest of the package to back it up, there'd be
bigger problems.
Wayne