[TR] leaking fuel tap

Greg Gelhar ggelhar at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 29 04:16:12 MDT 2009

Jeremiah,

Inside that fuel tap is a cork plunger. There is a slotted screw in the center of the control knob that can be tightened to further compress the cork for a better seal. New cork seals were available when I had my 1958 TR3A and I may have one somewhere in the barn. I have heard of others using a combination of plumbing faucet washers for a substitute but have no experience doing that.

Greg Gelhar
1973 TR6
1980 TR8
Osseo, MN