[TR] LBC?

nwolf at u.washington.edu nwolf at u.washington.edu
Thu Aug 27 12:33:37 MDT 2009

Actually, Top Gear faked the shut-down of the Tesla for dramatic effect.

   If you google "top gear tesla" you'll see tons of articles discussing it.
   BBC came under a lot of fire for the stunt and defended themselves saying the segment was intended to show what would happen "IF" it ran out of juice.

   The Top Gear people probably thought the show would be more entertaining that way, and they may be right... a lot of people who don't like electric vehicles were undoubtedly pleased as punch.

   Jeremy never fails to entertain.  The episode with the ridiculous competition between a Rover SD1, Austin Princess, and Triumph Dolomite Sprint is my favorite.  Or maybe the one where they try to launch a Robin Reliant into space...

-Nick
'62-ish TR4
Seattle