[TR] LBC?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Aug 27 10:25:34 MDT 2009

> I wrote to Tesla and asked how much it costs to replace the battery pack
> at the recommended service interval.  No response.

I believe that as yet, replacement battery packs are not available.  Reading
between the lines, they are hand-assembling these things at the moment; the
production line is having some problems.  But they should be in mass
production soon, and likely will announce a price then.

In the meantime, I think you can safely assume that today's Tesla will never
pay back its purchase price, even if they gave you free replacement
batteries.  $100,000 will buy a LOT of gasoline, even at $4/gallon.

-- Randall