[TR] Caravaning from East to SLO - Triumphest - NATC 2009

Glenn A. Merrell - TSN StagByTriumph at triumphstagclub.org
Wed Aug 26 20:36:04 MDT 2009

Hello Travelers to Triumphest / NATC 2009:

ONLY 36 DAYS to TRIUMPHEST / North American Triumph Challenge 2009 in
San Luis Obispo California!!

I am completing my plans for caravaning to Triumphest / NATC 2009 from
Colorado.  In the past we have traveled solo in the Stag and had some
pretty spectacular drives I reported on over the years.  This one should
not be any different.

At present I am planning on a two day drive from Lafayette Colorado to
San Luis Obispo California, and the moss don't grow under the wheels of
this Stag!  Get there, unpack and get with the program.

Basic route is approximately 1200 miles;  out of Denver west on I-70
through the Colorado Rockies to I-15 in Utah, south through Las Vegas
then west to Barstow California, spice it up a bit and take CA HWY 58
west to CA HWY 223, CA HWY 166  (maybe a photo op at ButtonWillow track)
across the mountains to Santa Maria, then north on 101 to Pismo Beach.

I want to depart Colorado on either the 27th or 28th of September at the
latest to arrive in Pismo the 29th.

There is a large caravan of Triumphs planning to travel with the TTA
STTAG  and John Macartney from Monterey CA the morning of the 30th down
1A and I'd like to meet up with them about San Simeon on 1A late morning
on the 30th to make the grand finale arrival drive into SLO.

Comments and ideas?

--
Glenn Merrell
TSN Admin